Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Decorated Makeup Drawer Box: Revamp Your Storage!




As we are getting ready for summer, and summer vacations, It's always fun to clean out everything. I like to clean everything out with each season, instead of just "spring cleaning". I clean my closet and storage beds and move all the furniture and clean out all the drawers in the house. When it came down to my makeup, I REALLY needed some major cleaning. I also wanted to make my box look less tacky and make it match my bedroom more. The room is a pale pine green, pale blue, cream, and dark brown. When I saw the green paper I knew exactly what I was going to do with it! Lets get to it:


 Materials:
Cleaning Supplies (my makeup and makeup box needed cleaning bad!)
Scissors
Glue
Craft Paper, I used scrapbooking paper
Plastic Drawer Organizer

 Here is a lovely before shot..

Clean EVERYTHING!

 It's always nice to have nice clean things to work with, since you're about to make the box all pretty, your make up should be nice and clean and pretty too!

 Hello my name is Paige and I have a makeup fascination.


 Okay, once everything is clean, lets start making the drawers pretty!

 Cut strips of paper to fit BEHIND-
-The front of the drawer.

  Glue around the edges on the FRONT of the paper so you can glue BEHIND the front of the drawer. Hot glue would have been a lot quicker, just a helpful tip.

 Hold in place until kind of secure.

 Because I wasn't using a quick drying glue, I used some clothes pins to hold the paper in place for the glue to dry

 Do this to the front and the back panels of each drawer

 Now go ahead and start organizing your makeup. I had one drawer for lips- lipstick, gloss, chapstick, lip moisturizer, etc. one drawer for face- blush, foundation, concealer, powders, bronzer. and one for eyes- eyeshadow, eyeliner, mascara, eye gels, eye whatevers.

 and here is the finished one! it looks so much better than what it did, you can still see the glue (it wasn't completely dry yet but I was ready to take pictures!) and all my makeup brushes I put into a different container, which I will post later!

No comments:

Post a Comment