Thursday, January 31, 2013

Making A Home

So once again, I haven't blogged in a while. Currently, looking into getting a new house soon..even though it feels like we just got here. I still have boxes I haven't unpacked sitting around. I have been moving to house to house for the past 3-4 years. I have boxes I have from 4 years ago still packed up. Nothing just feels like home yet. It's even a little cliche because after all my years of never wanting to have a big house, that's all I can think about now. A nice big house for me to raise my daughter and start a real family. A big yard for her to play in, explore outside. A big room of her own. A dining room we actually sit down to dinner at every night. A playroom/homeschooling room for her. It's amazing how much I've changed and how much my priorities have changed just by having a daughter. Which is not always a good thing. I'm pretty much separated from all of my friends and people I know now because they are all still in their "I'm young, I do what I want" stages, and I feel like the 40yr old of the group. Probably the hardest thing I've had to deal with about being a young mom is just jumping from being a kid to being an adult. It's an insane change, but I'm loving it.

Anyway, in my "I'm looking for a new house" days, I got sidetracked and decided to look up home decor things...which led me to thinking up diy projects for around the house right now, which is how I spent a good hour making a bunch of these DIY tassels. The bright boho colours really add to an awesome feel for around my house.


-Just get some string (I used my embroidery string that I make my hair wraps with)
-and tie it around your fingers (I did my first three fingers so they aren't too long)
-Tie another piece of the same colour string around one end of the bunch you just wrapped together
-and pull another string through the center bunched up end you just tied.
-cut the not tied up side and fluff
-add some beads to the top and tahdah, a tassel!

I've been hanging mine around windows like sun catchers

I also unpacked a box of my nicnaks and started adding them around the house...even though I'm looking to move. I get side tracked easily =]



here are some elephants and a dream catcher

~peace&love~

1 comment: