Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Days of Christmas two




So lets do a quick DIY shall we? I love the smell of cinnamon in the winter, especially for the holidays, so I already have candles everywhere and scented pine cones in every corner and in my tree. Still it's not enough for me. A lovely way before people come over, or just a nice night sitting with hot chocolate looking at he lights is to throw some cinnamon in the fireplace.

We have a wood stove and very do often I take a cinnamon stick and wrap it tight in newspaper and put it in a corner of the stove so it burns slowly and smells heavenly. It is also nice if you wrap a couple piece of eucalyptus in with the cinnamon, so you smell the cinnamon but you also have a nice relief of clearing your sinuses in then cold winter. We have a cast iron kettle we keep on top of the stove with water that evaporates after a while of the stove burning that I like to put eucalyptus in too, so the aroma and vapors of the eucalyptus last longer than just burning it. Either way it's lovely to have along with the delicious smell of a cinnamon fire in the winter

1 comment:

  1. Oh what an awesome idea! I wish I had a wood burning fireplace. I do love the organic smells associated with the season, am usually am simmering cinnamon sticks, cloves, and apple peels on the stove.
    peace

    ReplyDelete