Monday, May 20, 2013

Best Friend Blues


Well my best friend moved away. Again. The first time she moved.. things didn't end up very well and we became not-friends for about two years. That was all a BIG misunderstanding, and then she moved back and we became instant best friends, like nothing had even happened or changed. But now that she is moving again, I have this horrible feeling we won't remain friends. Or it's just a scare from what happened last time.

Anyway, the day before her going away party, I through her an "I'll miss you" party. Kind of a way to share my "I'll miss you" thing before everyone else. Something a little more meaningful. I will have a DIY up later about some of the decorations I made, but here is what I made for her going away present.

I'm not big into the whole BFF heart necklace whatevers, but I got this amazing idea to make her a BFF charm bracelet. The first charms I made for her were these cute PB&J charms. She got the peanut butter and I got the jelly. This is a picture of them before attaching them to the charm bracelet I made, and before the glaze. They were actually very simple to make. I use to fiddle with polymer clay all the time so I have a lot left over.

These are the finished bracelets. I used a simple chain with a circle clasp and made little pearl beads to accompany the charm so they didn't look too tacky. Now they are girly and cute! Or at least we thought so!

Every time she comes to visit or I go to visit her, I'm going to make another set of matching charms for our bracelets. Kind of a way to keep our friendship alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment