Friday, May 31, 2013

Easy Mini Frozen Yogurt Pops Made From Recycled Creamer Cups




These little yogurt pops were very easy and great for little kids who like to make a mess with the larger popsicles. I had a bunch of old creamer cups laying around and I didn't want to throw them away because I knew I would want them for something because of how many I had. Using them for these yogurt pops made them the perfect size for little almost-two-year-old mouths, and they're really no bigger than a lollipop, and are much healthier (and cheaper!) than buying the artificially flavored popsicles.

So let's get started!

What you need: 

Real fruit yogurt, you can use fruity store bought or use a big tub of plain yogurt and blend up your favorite fruits for a smoothie flavored pop
Creamer cups

Popsicle sticks, lollipop sticks, skewer sticks.. here I used what little bit of toothpicks I had left and just cut off the pointed edges.

A spoon



What to do:


 First make sure you clean/rinse out the creamer cups pretty well


 Fill up your cups as much as you can, without going overboard


Tap the cups on a hard surface a couple times to flatten out the yogurt and release any air bubbles. This insures the yogurt is packed nice and tight and will freeze solid.

 Repeat those steps for every cup you are using.

 Next, take your sticks and insert them into the centers


 If you packed them down well enough their sticks should stand up straight without falling over or being lopsided.

Then freeze 'em! A good hour or so should get the job done.

With them being creamer cups, they should pop out quite easily, you might have to give the bottoms a little push, but they all popped out fairly easily for me.

Please don't mind my one speck of nail polish left.


My daughter loved them soo much she kept running away from me because she didn't want to share!
This is also right after she had fallen down and was crying, so I thought it was the perfect time to make her feel better with some yo-pops. =]

 Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment