Wednesday, May 29, 2013

My Favorite May Products!


So I've noticed I have a lot of "favorites" I go through from month to month, normally based on the season or at the moment weather. Some are products, and some are just items or things, but right now, this post is based on the products I have completely adored this past month. Maybe you'll love them too! I'm also doing a post for "mommy favorites of the month" too ;D

First on my favorite product for May:
 This shampoo is awesome. It has argan oil which is great for your hair, or at least certain types of hair. There are a lot of complaints about it, but they are all from people with very thin or very straight, or very thing and straight hair. I have thick curly hair which this is actually made for. So before you try to make complaints about a product, make sure you are using the right product best for you.

The things that pulled me in about this product is, sadly I must admit the color. It is my favorite color this month (I'll get to that in the other favorites blog) so when I saw the color I had to check it out. I haven't heard much on argan oil except for that it is really good for revitalizing hair. And hey, it in nice big letters it says argan oil! It is also paraben-free, and SLS free. For those of you that do not know, added parabens and sulfates completely strip your hair of it's natural oils. Those natural oils help keep your hair the way it's suppose to be, soft, shiny, and for me keeps my hair curly and not like a fizz ball. The sulfates also create a lot of extra suds, and I was very surprised by how suds-ey the shampoo was by itself without the sulfates!

The bottles are claimed to be made from recycled post consumer risen, the dyes compostable and are from renewable sources. And that is pretty good for me =]

As for the product itself, it's awesome. It makes my hair very curly, not like other "curling" brands do.. It doesn't make my hair feel overly soft which is also good because when my hair is baby booty soft my hair likes to not curl and does a poofy wavy thing that I can't style in anything other than a ponytail. It also has a UV protectant for hair which is great for summer, especially for me right no-w since I've been letting my hair just do it's thing for the season. Oh yes, by the way, it might be May but it is 80-90 degree weather so it's basically summer.


Along with my hair, I've really been letting my hair go naturally curly for the summer. I don't like my hair weighed down by stiff products in the summer, and I don't use heated appliances on my hair as much in the summer. I hate the stiff feeling of mouse and of gel in my hair, so when I saw this product I had to try it. It says it is a "waving spray" without the crunch. I almost felt like this product was made specifically for me! It does EXACTLY what I want it to do. After my shower I towel dry my hair some and spray this in it and I'm good to go. My curls are nice fluffy bouncy beach curls and that's it! Now it does leave a little crunch once my hair fully drys, but a good scrunching gets rid of that.


For more summer protectants, I love this moisturizer. It has a lot of sunscreen.. actually the entire thing smells like sunscreen, but I'm really liking it. I just use this and let it sink into my skin and add a powder. I prefer lighter powders and not liquid foundation for the summer. This moisturizer is very easy on my skin and doesn't make me feel cakey or oily (maybe 'cause it's oil free :p ha) I'm thinking about skipping the moisturizer and powder all together and splurging on a good SPF BBcream but I haven't tried one yet so I'm a little hesitant.


This eyeliner. Oh my goodness. It is from L'Oreal and it is great. It's in the color "espresso" which is very different for me. I've worn only black eyeliner for the past 8-9 years. But I actually kind of like this brown. It's not BAM in your face like my normal eyeliner. I wear cat-eye/winged out eyeliner, so I was a bit hesitant with winged eyeliner in brown...but this really does the job. I can make it nice and bold or sweet and simple or even just dab it on with the tip of the brush and have more of a natural look. It's also waterproof and sweat proof, and I have had problems in the past with waterproof eyeliner chipping or flaking off, but this is very solid, it doesn't get hard or crusty, and is definitely my new favorite.


And lastly are sprays. Any kind of body spray. I think body sprays are much better in the summer than heavy perfumes. Plus body sprays come in so many awesome smells and I think perfumes all kind of have that heavy tart smell that isn't light and airy for summer. Actually I'm so obsessed with body sprays, I tend to put them on every time I pass a bathroom or my bedroom! 


That's it for products..or beauty products basically. I'll do another list of "mommy favorites" and just my regular favorite things this month too. 

~peace~

No comments:

Post a Comment