Monday, October 1, 2012

Bringing In Autumn

I already love decorating for whatever occasion, so it's just common knowledge that I would go all out with having my actual first house. I love a lot about Autumn and I love using the seasons bounty as opposed to plastic imitation decorations.

This is what I've done to my mantel. We have some dried grass and dried painted leaves and fresh gourds (that I really hope don't rot to soon) and some more dried plant odds and ends in front of my hand-me-down mirror. I actually love my mantel. My mirror (which I'm thinking of painting, just too much brown in my house) is surrounded by two pieces of artwork that I made from scrap paint chips and old picture frame glass, a thrift store lamp, and vintage double picture frame that opens and closes like a book that I got from a second hand store for only a buck!

I know it's different but I just love bringing in all these lovely earth made decorations into my home. There is something that just feels so good about it!


-Peace&Love!

2 comments:

  1. (((Paige))) So glad for your comment. Don't ever let anyone bully you out of the writing or blogging or anything that you love. Believe me I know what a pain it can be sometimes, but just remember it's not about you - it's about THEM. Someone who attacks and bullies has deep-seated issues that have nothing to do with you.
    I've been dealing with a couple toxic family members who can go months and months and then all of a sudden, they'll attack without provocation. I guess because I never let them get to me, they kicked it up a notch and involved a seriously disturbed woman who thrives on flinging shit on my blog and causing shit. She thinks this gives her power. She thrives on the drama (as is quite obvious if you read all the emails she's sent me and I haven't responded once. The less you respond, the more it drives them crazy. All you can do is laugh, but genuine mental problems like that never really go away. For my daughter's safety and peace of mind, I've had to take legal action. Sometimes that's the only way to stop them. Stay strong and blog your ass off! Don't let some trouble makers take your personal power away. You're a single mom - you have way more courage than you even realize.
    (((hugs))))

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I absolutely adore your mantel. It's beautiful and so organic. I love this time of year. Colder nights, warm blankets, candles, hot herbal teas, the colours, the leaves, it doesn't get any better than this.
    I love your blog and am adding you to my links :)

    ReplyDelete