Saturday, October 6, 2012

Tidy-Up Day



I've been very, very, under the weather for the past week. No real need to go into detail except for saying I really couldn't do much besides sit in a curled up ball all day. And for anyone who has ever raised a toddler...well being ill and having a very hyper toddler running around knows that it just doesn't go very smoothly.

Anyway now that I'm starting to feel better (knock-on-wood) I really need to clean this house. We just moved into this house at the end of April this year and I haven't seen it clean-clean since then. There is always some unfinished DIY project laying around, a one year old's mess, still packed boxes in some room, or just a regular mess. Being sick really revved up my "I need to do something" energy. Might as well put that to good use!
I despise the word "cleaning" though. It makes me remember days of childhood with my organized-obsessed mother would pretty much say the word "cleaning" at least 20 times a day. I love her to death but the word "clean" alone makes me think of a chore. Being said, I have made myself a Tidy-Up day.  Feels like some 50's shenanigan housewife party. You really don't hear anyone say tidy up anymore, all the more reason  to use that.

There's always something so revitalizing to me about cleaning the whole house out during the change of the seasons. Air out the house of everything that was from last season and ready the home for new and positive things to happen in the season to come. Hopefully I won't get sidetracked and decide to start another home DIY project in the middle of it all...which believe it or not happens about 8/10 times I try to clean. Oops, lol.

In other great news, I don't think I've mentioned the Etsy.com shop I'm going to be opening sometime in the end of fall, or hopefully sooner. I've been working on jewelry pieces to sell, it's a great hobby and a great way to earn a little extra money here and there. I'm finally putting my finishing pieces together to sell, and I just have to take pictures of them all and make them look pretty professional. Most of the jewelry pieces are very boho hippie friendly. My favourite piece that I'm having a hard time wanting to part with is this super shiny bronze necklace that say's "zen" in cursive that I wire bent myself. I'm sure I'll write about my shop in detail in another post.

The second great news is that I finally got my dance hoop! On days that I had more energy I tried hula hooping and wow. I haven't done that in years so it took a few tries before I got it and so far my record of hooping without stopping is 149. I want to get to at least 200 before I actually start practicing dancing with it.  ..also because I already tried and failed miserably to the point where it's just embarrassing to mention. There were several things knocked over.

Anyway now that I've updated my going-on's I suppose it's back to cleaning.. I mean Tidy-Up Day.

~pieces of peace to all 

No comments:

Post a Comment