Monday, October 1, 2012

A New October


Well it's that time of year again. The time of flannel shirts, spiced treats, and lots and lots of warm colours. The summer was not on my good side, but now it is officially October which is the complete start of the cooler seasons now which are my absolute favourite. It's only the first but already a pumpkin doughnut recipe is calling my name.

Things (for me) to remember about Autumn:

- It is the season of harvest and thanks. I need to appreciate the things that I have, enjoy the bounty of life that I have every day. Even if it's as small as my delicious left over mildly organic chicken alfredo. I do have a lot to be thankful for but I've come to realize that the more and more I stress, the more and more I take the little things.

- The world is calming down to prepare for it's winter snooze that is just around the corner. The world is calming down around me, this makes it the perfect opportunity to zen out and rid myself of the remaining hectic lifestyle that I've been trying to shake.

Notes for self:

- Everything has a once in a lifetime experience because no two experiences will ever be the same.
- Make memories!
- Finish organizing the house to make it feel like a home.
- Only two more months until Christmas. Start Saving!
- Take Emaline to a corn maze. That will certainly be a once in a lifetime memory!
- Make lots and lots of warm soups and casseroles, yumm!
- Buy a bicycle, perfect weather now.


~Peace Love Happiness people!

No comments:

Post a Comment