Thursday, September 13, 2012

Free Time

I got in these HUGE post-it note paper. I'm already drawing crazy things on them.. but kinda haven't even finished one drawing project yet. I'm such a procrastinator. I started this really rad flower mandala type thing, half way through finishing it I started a detailed drawing of a dream catcher. Sketching on huge paper is difficult. The details are bigger, you have to really pay attention because you can see everything on the huge  paper. Perfectionism does NOT come in handy now.

I've been trying to think of something to put up on the walls. These are sticky notes, with the sticky back and everything so they're great for putting on the wall (where I currently am renting from we're not allowed to hang things with nails up, and the paint is weird and wont hold those sticky wall hooks). This house is so bland without any type of wall decor. None of our furniture matches and a lot of it is hand-me-down's or old furniture that was already here. You can really tell it's everyone's first place. I'm trying to do a lot of diy projects to make it look decent here (I have about 20 projects going on right now) but doesn't help much that I'm the only one who does it all, plus cleanings, and cooking, and laundry. I'm the b*tch of the house!

I actually finished one project, a plywood desk  that was all black, now it's gold and purple and looks soo much better. I just still have to put a clear coat on it to make sure it doesn't peel off since it's spray paint. My next project I'm trying to do is "autumn up" the place. I made a couple of felt leaf garlands but those really didn't do much. Next I tackle the fireplace mantel.

It's very fun, doing a lot of these things myself. I do them when I can, because it's fun, and I don't tell myself I "need" to do this or I "need" to finish something. That makes it seem like work! Doing everything because I want to, because I enjoy it, makes it all seem so much more laid back and easy rather than stressing about it.

Do it with a smile or it's just not worth doing! 

         ^new phrase, kinda likin' it^

No comments:

Post a Comment