Sunday, September 30, 2012

Crafty Little Me

I think it's almost a law for every artsy mom to sew their child's Halloween costume. My daughter (did I mention I have a daughter?  Hurray for young unmarried moms) is now one and this is where holidays really get exciting... and I love Halloween anyway so this year her and I are going to dress up together.

Alice in Wonderland is one of my all time favourite characters, and my second all time favourite fairy tale. Peter Pan is the first but sorry, I'm not dressing in green tights. Anyway, she is going to be Alice and I'm going to be her Mad Hatter. I'm sticking to more of the Lewis Carroll characters instead of Disney, even though I have an unusual fascination with Disney, I just like everything to be original and classic. Disney costumes have bombarded me most of my childhood so I like being different.

I bought her fabrics last week for her dress and apron, and this will be the first time I actually bought a store pattern and I HATE store patterns. The instructions are all over the place. Eventually I chucked them and made my own version of the apron I was trying to create.

Six hours later this is what I got:

Tah-dah! I am very proud for it being (mostly) a store pattern. It's also my first thing I had completely sewn for my daughter. I'm still debating whether or not I'm going to use the dress pattern or just make one myself.


~peace people!

No comments:

Post a Comment